In the franchising model, individual entrepreneurs independently own and operate one or more business locations using the name and the operating model of a franchise brand.
Franchising is a great way to own a business while being able to rely on the name recognition and support of a recognizable brand. When you franchise with The UPS Store, Inc, you’re in business for yourself but not by yourself. If you're thinking about franchising with The UPS Store, Inc., it’s essential to start with a good understanding of how the franchise model works.
First, there are two parties in the franchise relationship:
- Franchisee (i.e., you): The individual or entity granted the right to establish and operate a business using the franchisor’s name and method of operation.
- Franchisor (i.e., The UPS Store, Inc.): The company that grants to third parties (i.e., franchisees) the right to develop and operate a business using the company’s trademark(s) and method of operation.
Click here for more common terms you need to know before you buy a franchise.
Franchisors, like The UPS Store, Inc., allow their franchisees to independently own and operate individual businesses under the guidance of the franchisor’s corporate office, referred to as the “Headquarters.” At the beginning of the relationship, the franchisee pays to the franchisor certain initial fees (as set forth in our franchise disclosure document), and in return, the franchisor helps the franchisee get its business up and running. As the relationship continues, the franchisor continues to provide operational support to the franchisee, and in exchange, the franchisee pays a share of his or her revenue to the franchisor.
Here are just a few of the benefits of being a franchisee with The UPS Store, Inc.:
- The UPS Store, Inc. helps its franchisees get their business started by providing, to qualified franchisees, certain financing options, helping approve your site and assisting with lease negotiations.
- Franchisees get to be their own boss and control the daily operations of their store, subject to compliance with brand standards imposed by The UPS Store, Inc.
- Franchise owners get access to professional marketing materials and campaigns designed to help increase brand awareness and ultimately drive customers to the franchisees’ doors.
- Franchisees have access to our established business model and extensive selection of innovative products, services and business solutions.
- Since they’re locally owned, franchise locations have the feel of a small business connected with the local community but with the name recognition and established reputation of a world-renowned brand.
Back to FAQs
Request more information about how franchising works
Please complete the short form on this page, and a member of our franchise development team will reach out to you (after you have received our current Franchise Disclosure Document) and answer any questions you might have about franchising with The UPS Store, Inc.
Want to learn more?
Find out more about franchising with The UPS Store, Inc. by checking out our available franchise locations; or by learning more about the different types of franchise opportunities and programs we have available.
The information on this web page should not be construed as an offer to sell any The UPS Store franchises. The offer of a franchise can only be made through the delivery of a franchise disclosure document.
All information on this web page is qualified by and subject to the disclosures set forth in our franchise disclosure document. None of the information included not this page is meant to contradict or modify any of the disclosures set forth in our franchise disclosure document.
To learn more about franchising with The UPS Store and participate in a live question and answer session, attend one of our weekly webinars.