Starting A Franchise with The UPS Store
We understand the work and never-ending commitment it takes to start and run your own business. That’s why you're not alone when starting a franchise with The UPS Store.
Be in Business for Yourself, Not by Yourself
When you’re joining a franchise business with The UPS Store, you can count on the support from our experienced home office and field staff to get you to your grand opening and beyond. The UPS Store is there at every stage of your franchising journey.
Stage No. 1: Deciding to become a The UPS Store owner
We know it’s not easy to decide what type of business to start or franchise to own. That’s why The UPS Store has plenty of information to help you find the franchise opportunity that’s right for you. If you’re still at this stage, check out the benefits of starting a franchise with The UPS Store or contact us to talk to our Franchise Development team.
Stage No. 2: Finding the right market for you
The UPS Store has opportunities to start a franchise from coast to coast. If you’re thinking of joining our franchise network, check out this map to see available The UPS Store locations.
Stage No. 3: Franchise application process
To make the process of starting a franchise as simple as possible, The UPS Store has broken down our approval process into four straightforward steps
- Inquiry – you’ll attend one of our webinars and complete an application
- Application – you’ll go through the interview process and complete a franchise disclosure agreement
- Funding – you’ll sign a Letter of Intent and receive your approval letter
- Booking – we’ll help you secure financing and sign the franchise agreement
Stage No. 4: Selecting your site and negotiating a lease
During the application process, our Franchise Development team can assist you in selecting a location, negotiating the terms of the lease, designing your store and getting it up and running.
Stage No. 5: Securing financing for your location
Also during the application process, we can provide access to financing resources to our qualified The UPS Store franchisees through our association with Guidant Financial.
Stage No. 6: Getting ready to run your business
Before starting a franchise, you’ll go through our comprehensive training program to help you develop the business knowledge and day-to-day operational skills to own and operate a The UPS Store center.
Stage No. 7: Managing the initial day-to-day operations
Once your store is open, help is just a phone call away. Franchise owners can call our technology support team anytime, day or night.
Stage No. 8: Networking with other franchise owners
When joining a franchise business as a franchisee, you can grow your business by connecting with other franchisees at area meetings, regional conferences and our national convention. At these events, you’ll have the opportunity to stay informed of industry trends, discover new tools and resources and develop lasting relationships with your fellow franchisees.
Stage No. 9: Ongoing management
Once you have your business up and running, The UPS Store provides ongoing support to help your business succeed. This support includes:
- Advertising and Marketing: Our national advertising campaigns build brand awareness while regional efforts and local store marketing build excitement in your neighborhood.
- Public Relations Support: Our public relations team helps produce publicity and visibility for our franchise network nationwide. Plus, we provide you tools to help garner local media coverage for your store.
- Product Development: We are continually researching and innovating new products and services to help you better serve your customers.
Want to learn more about starting a franchise with The UPS Store? Contact our Franchise Development team today.