Retiree Franchise Opportunities
Retiring may sound like a welcome respite in the short term, but many retirees complain of boredom after the initial excitement of not having to work wears off. A recent AARP study found that 76% of retirees work post-retirement because they need the money, while an equal number reported they worked for the enjoyment of it.
Retirement today is a lot more complex than it was yesterday. Many individuals find their second wind in life as a franchisee. With experience, wisdom, and financial resources, many 50+ Americans are in a better position to run a successful franchise. The UPS Store provides retiree franchise opportunities nationwide to seasoned business professionals.
Here’s a look at our 50+ profile who have found success in their second career:
Passionate About Their Business
- Dedicated to making their business work
- Excited about being the boss
- Able to effectively manage time and resources
- Proactive in marketing and generating sales
- Comfortable following an established system
Enjoy Working with the Public
- Understand the importance of providing outstanding customer service
- Be a good listener
- Have strong problem-solving skills
- Be considerate of others
Committed to Best Practices
- Able to work well with others
- Willing to learn new systems and procedures
- Eager to contribute to overall success of the network
- Ability to meet minimum financial requirements
- Be in a position to capitalize the franchise investment
- Total initial investment: $80,357 - $508,472*
- Minimum liquid asset required: $75,000 – $125,000**
Want to learn more about retiree franchise opportunities with The UPS Store? Contact us today.
*Subject to change. See Franchise Disclosure Document for current amounts.
**Meeting this requirement does not guarantee the awarding of a franchise.