The UPS Store Franchise Costs
We know that franchising is a significant investment – both in time and money – and franchise costs can be a significant factor when finding the right franchise opportunity for you. That’s why The UPS Store offers financing options for our franchisees and special programs for veterans and non-traditional locations.
Here’s what you need to know about franchise costs with The UPS Store.
How Much Does It Cost to Open a The UPS Store franchise?
The UPS Store offers a variety of location-types to fit the needs of our franchise owners. Startup franchise costs vary based on the type of center you’re looking for, the size of the location and where the center is located.
- Traditional Locations: $247,523 - $474,193*
- Rural Locations: $163,139 - $274,722*
- Store-in-Store Locations: $120,929 - $250,540*+
*Subject to change. See Franchise Disclosure Document for Current Amounts.
+Based on the store-in-store without an exterior entrance model.
Why are Franchise Fees Lower for Rural Locations?
The UPS Store centers in rural areas are typically less expensive than traditional locations in larger metro areas. But, it’s not because rural locations are a lesser opportunity, it’s quite the opposite. Rural locations offer The UPS Store owners more options for finding a perfect location, less competition from area businesses and the opportunity to build strong relationships with tight-knit communities.
The main reason rural The UPS Store are more affordable is that it’s typically cheaper to run a business in smaller-populated areas than in larger cities. Real estate is usually cheaper, meaning you can get more square footage for your dollar. And, utilities are also less expensive, meaning you pay less to keep your business running.
What are Store-in-Store Locations?
A store-in-store location is a freestanding The UPS Store set up in another business. When we first launched the store within a store concept in the 1980s, these locations were mainly found in businesses like hotels and convention centers. However, we updated the concept in 2016 to include smaller businesses like pharmacies and hardware stores.
If you already own a business and are interested in adding a The UPS Store location to bring additional services to your existing customers and/or bring in a whole new set of consumers, click here to learn more about our non-traditional franchise opportunities.
How Do the Franchise Fees for The UPS Store Compare to Other Brands?
The UPS Store has a very competitive pricing model for franchisees and backs it up with a world-class support system. Even with all the advantages of franchising with The UPS Store, we are still one of the best values among franchise brands.
High-end Franchise Fees for Entrepreneur's Top 10 Franchise Brands:
- Taco Bell – $3 million
- Dunkin’ Donuts – $1.7 million
- The UPS Store – $567,000
- Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen – $2.6 million
- Culvers – $5.4 million
- Kumon Math & Reading Centers – $157,000
- Jersey Mike's Subs – $804,000
- Planet Fitness – $4.1 million
- 7-Eleven Inc – $1.2 million
- ServPro – $221,000
What are the Financial Requirements for The UPS Store Franchisees?
The UPS Store requires prospective franchisees to have at least $75,000 in liquid assets. This can be met through any combination of cash, bonds, stocks, mutual funds, retirement accounts or other non-borrowed source. A co-applicant may assist in meeting this requirement and financing is available.
What Financing Options Does The UPS Store Offer to Help with Franchise Costs?
The UPS Store offers a variety financing options to help ensure that every franchisee within our growing network starts off their journey on the right track – including special financing programs for veterans and non-traditional locations.
Learn more about financing options and get started with your journey to becoming a franchise owner with an innovative pre-qualification tool from Guidant Financial.
What Do I Get When I Invest in The UPS Store?
When you invest in a The UPS Store franchise, you’re purchasing a lot more than a brick-and-mortar location. You also get the support, name recognition and reputation of The UPS Store.
- Ongoing Support: At The UPS Store, we provide support from day one that continues throughout the relationship. This includes a comprehensive training program, advertising and marketing campaigns and a network of knowledgeable and dedicated franchisees.
- Name recognition: The UPS Store has been in the franchising game for over four decades now and has a substantial footprint of more than 4,800 franchise locations.
- Reputation: The UPS Store is in the top five for best franchise system in the country, according to Entrepreneur Magazine’s 2021 Franchise 500 list; and, we’re the top brand in the postal, printing, communications and business services category.
For more information about franchise costs and financing options, contact our Franchise Development Team today.