Why Should I Buy a Franchise?
Do you value freedom and flexibility over supervision and constraint? Does the thought of being your own boss appeal to you? Do you want to run your own business without having to start a brand from scratch? Do you like the idea of managing the day-to-day operations of that business with the added support of a successful brand?
If you answered yes to these questions, then buying a franchise location is an ideal career path for you. The advantages of being a franchise with The UPS Store is that you get to be your own boss while enjoying the support system of a well-established brand with 5,000 locations in the United States and counting.
What Are the Advantages of Being a Franchisee with The UPS Store?
There are several advantages of being a franchisee with us. The UPS Store has been serving the small business community and individual customers for almost four decades. In that time, we’ve built a reputation as one of the most respected franchise systems while becoming the world’s largest franchisors of retail shipping, postal, printing and business service centers.
Our franchisees know they can rely on the combination of our brand’s sterling reputation and our established support system to help grow their business and deliver amazing customer service. Here are just a few of the many advantages of starting a franchise with The UPS Store:
The UPS Store has established strong brand recognition and a reputation as a premier franchise system. As we’ve built up our brand name, we have racked up plenty of accolades:
- We’ve been recognized as a top retail brand by The Business Journals’ American Brand Excellence Awards.
- We’ve ranked as the top franchise in the postal and business services industry for over 30 consecutive years by Entrepreneur Magazine’s Franchise 500.
- We remain in the top 5 overall for the sixth consecutive year according to the Franchise 500 list.
Locally-owned Franchise Centers
One of the strong advantages of being a franchisee with us is that The UPS Store centers are locally owned so our customers – both small business owners and local consumers – can enjoy the amazing services and capabilities of a national brand while supporting other business owners in their community.
Extensive Product and Service Offering
As a franchise owner with The UPS Store, you don’t have to worry about a shortage of amazing products and services to offer your customers. The UPS Store is about a lot more than shipping, we help our customers with services like faxing, notarizing, copying, shredding, business and personal mailboxes, packing, passport and ID photos, design and a host of small business services.
Advertising and Marketing Support
The UPS Store makes sure each of our franchisees has the support they need to market and grow their business. Our advertising and marketing communications span multiple levels:
- National advertising campaigns: Build and maintain a prominent level of brand awareness with communications designed to drive traffic for The UPS Store brand – either to our centers or our websites.
- Co-op communications: Activate the power of The UPS Store brand at a local level through customized/localized promotions and business-building activities. These communications complement the national communications and utilize the same key messages, look, tone and feel.
- Local store marketing: Implemented by every The UPS Store center owner and supported by our franchise system. Activities include out-of-center communications designed to drive center traffic, up-selling customers to increase sales, improving customer service and creating a loyal customer base.
Another advantage of being a franchisee with The UPS Store is the education we provide to learn our business and offer excellent customer service in their communities. As part of our training program, new franchisees spend a total of two weeks learning the business in a center and another two weeks at The UPS Store University at our corporate campus in San Diego.
Corporate Retail Solutions
The UPS Store leverages our corporate relationships to grow our business at the local level. We work with major UPS customers and other national brands to bring shipping and printing business to our franchise locations.
Approximately 52 percent of our franchisees own more than one center. For qualified franchisees, we may offer reduced franchise fees and specialized training to help you expand.
If you’re looking for a franchise system with variety, The UPS Store offers owners the opportunity to open non-traditional locations in other businesses like hotels, grocery stores and storage facilities.
Collaboration and Camaraderie
The UPS Store's franchise system is a family and our owners love seeing each other succeed. There are plenty of opportunities for franchisees to help one another and learn from each other’s successes. The advantages of being a franchisee with The UPS Store don’t stop there. Contact us today to learn more about buying a franchise in your area.